Industrial Accidents in Philadelphia, PA
Industrial accidents in Philadelphia, PA, are some of the most dangerous types of workplace accidents. Individuals injured in these accidents may sustain catastrophic or, in some cases, fatal injuries.
The Philadelphia industrial accident lawyers of Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers have over 80 years of combined experience helping injured workers recover compensation. Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars for accident victims and their families to date.
If you were injured in a workplace accident, contact our law offices at 215-875-7030 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys. Let’s discuss how we can help you recover compensation for your injuries and damages.
Table of Contents
How Our Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help You After an Industrial Accident
After an industrial accident, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. These accidents can result in major damages and losses. You will likely be entitled to workers’ compensation, but you may be eligible to file a third-party lawsuit for additional damages.
Our Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers can help you pursue all avenues of compensation after your injury.
When you hire Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Analyze your case and assess your legal options
- Investigate the accident to determine who is at fault for your injuries
- File claims with the insurance company and other responsible parties
- Monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits
- Calculate the maximum value for your damages and aggressively pursue all claims to recover that amount
We want to help you receive the compensation you deserve after an on-the-job injury in Philadelphia, PA. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers to discuss the next steps in your industrial accident claim.
What Types of Accidents Are Considered Industrial Accidents in Philadelphia?
Industrial accidents cover a wide variety of workplace accidents within the manufacturing and construction industries.
Examples of industrial accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Construction accidents
- Ladder and scaffolding accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Falling objects
- Slip and fall accidents
- Shaft and elevator accidents
- Electrical injuries and electrocutions
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
- Crane accidents
- Exposure to hazardous materials, including chemicals and gas
- Excavation accidents and collapses
- Automobile accidents, including car accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, and truck accidents
An industrial accident may occur on a construction site or in a mill or factory. These accidents also take place in warehouses, ships, plants, and refineries.
Damages and Injuries Caused by Industrial Accidents in Philadelphia, PA
Industrial accidents often cause traumatic injuries and significant financial losses to affected workers. Injuries that might occur in an industrial accident include:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Injuries to internal organs
- Significant scarring and disfigurement
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Increased risk of cancer
- Development of occupational illnesses
- Hearing and vision loss
- Wrongful death
There is a high risk of permanent impairments and disabilities. In addition, a person may sustain substantial economic damages because of the accident and injury. After a workplace accident, you may be entitled to economic damages for your lost wages, medical expenses, nursing care, personal care, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
You may also receive compensation for your non-economic damages. Those damages include your pain and suffering, impairments, loss of quality of life, and emotional distress.
Who is Responsible for My Damages After an Industrial Accident?
There may be one or more parties who could be liable for your injuries and damages. The type of industrial accident and the circumstances determine who is liable.
Causes of industrial accidents include:
- Failing to follow OSHA safety standards
- Defective products, equipment, and machinery
- Employers and workers failing to use the correct safety equipment
- Failing to store and use hazardous chemicals and substances properly
- Falling objects
- Collisions with vehicles and other objects
- Improper lifting and overexertion
- Horseplay and worker negligence
Industrial accidents may be covered by workers’ compensation insurance. In most cases, a worker cannot sue the employer for an injury or occupational illness covered by workers’ comp. However, workers’ comp only covers medical expenses and lost income.
There are select situations where an injured worker may have a claim against the employer. For example, gross negligence and intentional misconduct could give rise to a personal injury lawsuit.
Furthermore, a third party could be liable for an industrial accident. Maintenance companies, property owners, manufacturers, and subcontractors could be responsible for causing an injury. If so, that party could be liable for damages.
Third-party claims increase the range of damages you can recover. You are entitled to pursue all of your economic and non-economic losses after the accident.
Our Philadelphia accident lawyers will thoroughly investigate your accident to identify each party who contributed to your injury. We will pursue every available avenue to get you the most money possible for your injury claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Philadelphia Workers’ Comp Lawyers
An industrial accident may result in numerous injuries and damages. Obtaining fair compensation can help you heal and provide for your needs as you recover. Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
Call our law firm or contact our office online to schedule a free appointment with one of our Philadelphia workers’ compensation lawyers. Let’s start working on a claim to get you the money you need after an industrial accident.
Our Philadelphia, PA personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Brain Injury Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Philadelphia, PA Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Train Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA