Philadelphia Brain Injury Attorney Near Me
Have you suffered a brain injury because you were in an accident in Philadelphia? Are you struggling with the cost of your medical care and facing a financial catastrophe because you can’t work? Contact Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers to learn about your legal options.
If you got hurt because someone else was negligent or careless, our Philadelphia brain injury lawyers will do everything we can to hold them accountable. We’ll work tirelessly to secure a substantial monetary award on your behalf.
Table of Contents
How Will Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers Help Me With My Brain Injury Case in Philadelphia?
Trauma to the brain can easily affect every aspect of your life. It can make it difficult or impossible to work. It can leave you with limited motor function. You might suffer from uncontrollable rage or emotional distress. Don’t allow the person (or people) who are responsible for your brain injury off the hook. Let our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Collectively, our Philadelphia injury lawyers boast more than 80 years of litigation experience. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in life-changing settlements and verdicts for brain injury victims and their families. We appreciate what’s at stake and know what has to be done to secure compensation on your behalf.
As we build your case, we will:
- Dig deep and assess the circumstances surrounding the accident that caused your brain injury
- Establish causation, fault, and liability
- Seek damages from all responsible parties in an effort to maximize your financial recovery
- Limit the effectiveness of claims that you share fault for your accident and brain injury
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Bring your case in front of a judge and jury, if insurers don’t cooperate and extend a legitimate offer.
Our brain injury lawyers in Philadelphia are here to help you when you need it the most. Just give us a call today to set up a time to discuss your case. Your first consultation is free.
We Handle All Brain Injury Cases in Philadelphia
Brain injuries can result from almost any type of accident. At Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have sustained traumatic brain injuries due to:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bite
- Defective products
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents, and more.
If you’ve lost a loved one because of a traumatic brain injury (TBI), we can help you navigate a wrongful death claim. Our team is always standing by to take your call, so reach out to us to set up a time to discuss your case today.
Open vs. Closed Head Injuries
There are essentially two ways to suffer an injury to the brain: open head trauma and closed head trauma.
Open head injuries occur when the skull that protects your brain is penetrated in some way. Something – such as a projectile, bullet, or knife – pierces the hard skull and makes direct contact with your brain. Open head injuries can occur if you are assaulted, involved in a violent motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, or the victim of a gunshot wound.
Closed head injuries occur when the skull is not penetrated or broken. Instead, your brain sustains trauma from the inside. There are a couple of ways that these closed head injuries can occur. First, your brain can make contact with the skull, resulting in bruising, bleeding, and other damage. This might happen if you suffer blunt force trauma to the head or get a concussion. Second, a closed head injury can occur if you are poisoned or if the brain is exposed to toxic chemicals.
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Philadelphia through (little to) no fault of your own, we’ll help you fight to get the compensation you need and deserve. Call our law firm to learn more.
Consequences of a Traumatic Brain Injury
A brain injury means that, due to some trauma, brain function is impaired. That impairment can be temporary or permanent. The severity of a traumatic brain injury often depends on the underlying cause and whether the injury was due to an open or closed head injury.
Brain injuries can manifest right away or develop over time after a traumatic event has occurred. These are some possible consequences of a brain injury:
- Hypoxia: brain cells die due to a lack of oxygen
- Hematoma: a collection of blood outside of blood vessels, can result in permanent brain damage
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: uncontrolled bleeding around the brain
- Intracerebral hemorrhage: uncontrolled bleeding in the brain
- Edema: swelling of the brain or surrounding tissue, and
- Diffuse axonal injury: damage to brain cells after trauma.
These consequences can result in long-term or permanent damage, or even death. If you’ve suffered a blow to the head or have been involved in a traumatic accident, it’s important to seek medical attention right away.
Signs and Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
How can you know if you suffered a brain injury in your Philadelphia accident? These are signs and symptoms that are fairly common in individuals who have sustained any level of trauma to the brain.
- Altered mental state
- Loss of consciousness
- Tingling or numbness in your limbs or extremities
- Sensitivity to light, sound, or temperature
- Difficulty speaking or understanding others
- Changes in mood
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Memory loss, or
- Discharge from the ears or nose.
Do not hesitate to go to the emergency room or call your doctor if you notice these things after your accident. Prompt medical care can be the difference between a mild brain injury and a severe one.
How Are Brain Injuries Treated?
It depends on the type of trauma you’ve suffered, the consequences you’re experiencing, and the severity of the injury itself.
Common treatments for brain injuries can include:
- Medication: diuretics, anti-inflammatory, anti-seizure drugs might be prescribed as part of your brain injury treatment plan.
- Rehabilitation: sometimes trauma to the brain will impair your body’s ability to work properly, so you might need physical, occupational, speech, or respiratory therapy to regain them.
- Medically-induced coma: if your brain injury has caused swelling, doctors might want to induce a coma to allow the swelling to go down and prevent additional damage to the brain itself.
- Surgery: surgery might be necessary if there is an object embedded in your brain, if you are experiencing bleeding, or if the pressure in your skull has to be released.
Some mild head injuries – such as a concussion – might resolve on their own. Others – such as penetration of the brain by a foreign object – might require more aggressive medical interventions.
What Damages Can I Get If I’ve Suffered a Brain Injury in Philadelphia?
Brain injuries can be mild or severe. So, too, can the costs. In fact, over the course of your life, your brain injury could cost you anywhere between $85,000 and $3 Million. That’s just the cost of treatment. It doesn’t factor in other costs related to your income or emotional suffering. So, it can be really important to consider legal action if someone else is at least partly responsible for your brain injury.
At Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers, our team will seek any damages that might be available to you, including money for:
- Medical devices
- Other medical expenses
- Alterations to your home to accommodate a disability
- Pain and suffering
- Chronic pain
- Lost income or wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
It’s also important to make sure that your case is valued properly. That’s why we’ll bring in experts as we investigate, analyze, and build your case. These experts, which can include brain specialists and other medical professionals, can really help us understand your injury and how it will probably affect your life. This information will be the backbone of our case and demands for a fair settlement or award.
Let Our Philadelphia Brain Injury Lawyers Help You
Every year, millions of Americans suffer a traumatic brain injury. These injuries turn lives upside down. Sadly, many of these brain injuries are avoidable, but happen because other people are careless. If you’re struggling with a brain injury because you were involved in an accident in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, call the experienced legal team at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers for help.
Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers will fight to get you the money you deserve. Your initial consultation is free, so call today to learn more.
Our Philadelphia, PA personal injury law firm also provides:
- Aviation Accident Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Philadelphia, PA Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Train Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia workers’ comp attorney