Philadelphia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
A catastrophic injury is defined by the impact it has on the life of the individual that was injured. These cases typically involve a severe injury to the spine, spinal cord, or brain, but may also involve a loss of limb or other permanent damage.
Usually occurring suddenly and without warning, catastrophic injuries have an enormous impact on victims and their families. Car accidents are one of the most frequent causes of these types of injuries, but there are several others.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious, disabling injury, a catastrophic injury lawyer at our Philadelphia, PA, firm can help you obtain the sense of justice and financial security you deserve.
Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers places a high priority on personal attention while providing aggressive representation to protect your rights. To schedule a consultation with one of our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers, please contact our Philadelphia office today at 215-875-7030.
Table of Contents
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Philadelphia Can Help You
Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers place a high priority on personal attention while providing aggressive representation to protect your rights. If the catastrophic injury was caused by negligence or an intentional act of another, or by a defective or dangerous product, the victim may bring a personal injury claim.
One of our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys who specializes in catastrophic injuries can help recover compensation for the damages that the victim and their loved ones have suffered. These may include medical bills, lost wages, loss of enjoyment of life, pain and suffering, and mental anguish.
Definition of Catastrophic Injury
An injury is catastrophic when it leaves the person with permanent disabilities that affect every aspect of their life.
Often, the effects of the injury extend to the victim’s family members because it requires them to make sacrifices so their loved one can receive adequate care.
Because the victim will have medical expenses and can often no longer work, it is common for all involved to experience financial as well as emotional burdens.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Severe damage to the brain can have permanent consequences, and victims of TBI are often left with both physical and mental disabilities.
- Spinal cord injuries: Devastating injuries to the neck or back can damage the spinal cord and result in paralysis.
- Burn injuries: Severe burns can cause permanent disfigurement and nerve damage. When a significant portion of the body is permanently damaged, burn injuries are considered catastrophic.
- Amputations: Because the injured person is often unable to return to work, and significant medical expenses are involved, losing a limb is considered a catastrophic personal injury.
- Internal organ damage: When the heart, lungs, liver, spleen or other organ is permanently damaged by trauma, it could affect every aspect of the victim’s life.
- Multiple bone fractures: Some victims that experience multiple bone fractures from the same accident never regain their strength and mobility. The result is a lifetime of reduced physical abilities.
Many circumstances can result in a catastrophic injury. Car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, SEPTA (commercial bus) accidents, and bicycle accidents are all cases that our catastrophic personal injury lawyers have experience with.
Slip-and-fall accidents can also result in life-changing head or back injuries, as can work-related accidents, assault, and construction accidents. Know that whatever caused your catastrophic injury, there are legal avenues available that can help deliver the support that you need and deserve.
Contact our Personal Injury Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA For Help With Your Catastrophic Injury
Personal injury attorneys at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers can help you and your family recover the full amount of compensation available to you. To discuss your case with one of our experts, please contact our firm today.
Our Philadelphia, PA personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Brain Injury Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Philadelphia, PA Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Train Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia workers’ compensation attorney