Philadelphia Lyft Accident Lawyer
Whether you need a ride to the airport or home after a fun night out in Manayunk, Lyft offers a convenient way to get around Philadelphia. However, Lyft and Uber drivers aren’t professionals. Many times, they’re just everyday people simply trying to earn some extra cash on the side.
Even though Lyft runs background and driving record checks, there’s no guarantee that your driver will get you to your destination safely. It’s no surprise that an increasing number of Philadelphia car accidents involve rideshare vehicles like Lyft and Uber.
Have you been involved in a Lyft accident in Philadelphia? Are you struggling with painful, expensive injuries? Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers to learn about your legal rights and options. You may be entitled to compensation. Our skilled attorneys will fight to help you maximize your financial recovery.
Give us a call or reach out to us online to schedule a free consultation and learn more.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Philadelphia Lyft Accident?
Nothing about getting into an unexpected accident is easy. When that accident involves a Lyft, things can get even more challenging. That’s because there are a lot of moving parts in a Lyft accident case. There are several parties who could potentially be liable for your injuries. None of them will want to accept fault and pay you the money you need and deserve. Hiring a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer to handle your case can make a huge difference.
Here’s why you shouldn’t hesitate to call the skilled legal team at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers after you get hurt in a Philadelphia Lyft accident:
- Lyft and their insurance company will fight you every step of the way. We’ll stand up to them on your behalf and work hard to leverage a meaningful settlement offer on your behalf.
- More than one person might be responsible – and financially liable – for your accident. We’ll investigate to determine the cause(s) of your Lyft accident and identify anyone who may share fault.
- You might be blamed for your accident if you were walking, riding a bike, or driving another car. We’ll aggressively defend you against these (often baseless) allegations.
- There’s a limited amount of time to file a claim. You could miss out on valuable compensation if you hesitate or wait too long to act.
- It’s hard to know what your case is worth, and you certainly don’t want to let Lyft decide. Our team will consult with leading Philadelphia accident experts to determine the value of your injury claim.
We know that things can be really stressful and overwhelming after an unexpected rideshare accident. That’s why our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys will work tirelessly to get you the money you need and deserve. All you have to do is give us a call and then focus on getting better.
Liability For Lyft Accidents in Philadelphia, PA
Lyft accidents can – and do – happen for a lot of different reasons. In Pennsylvania, you can potentially recover compensation from anyone who plays a part in causing your Lyft accident. This could potentially include:
- The Lyft driver
- The driver’s insurance provider
- Lyft or Lyft’s insurance company
- Drivers of other vehicles on the road, including cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles
- Transit companies
- Employers of negligent third parties
- Government agencies, or
- Companies responsible for defective products.
At Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll launch an independent investigation into your Lyft accident. Why? We want to know why your accident happened and who might have contributed to your injuries. This can allow us to seek compensation from anyone who may have caused you to get hurt.
Causes of Lyft Accidents in Philadelphia
Why are car accidents involving Lyfts so common in Philadelphia? Common causes include:
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Dropping off and picking up passengers in dangerous areas, such as at the corner of a busy intersection
- Failing to yield the right of way to bicyclists and pedestrians
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued driving
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Hazardous road conditions, and
- Weather and traffic conditions.
If you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident, it’s important to ask for help. Contact our Philadelphia law firm to discuss your case today.
How Do I Get Money If a Lyft Driver Caused My Philadelphia Car Accident?
When a Lyft driver is at least partially responsible for an accident in Philadelphia, you may be able to secure compensation from the driver, their insurance provider, or Lyft’s insurance provider. It all depends on how that Lyft driver was using the Lyft app at the time of the crash.
Lyft Driver Off Duty – Not Logged Into the App
Lyft drivers aren’t always on duty. Sometimes they’re simply using their cars for their own personal reasons. Just like everyone else, Lyft drivers are required to purchase minimum amounts of Pennsylvania car insurance coverage.
When you get into a car accident with a Lyft driver who isn’t logged into the Lyft app, this insurance policy will be your primary source of compensation. If the insurance coverage isn’t sufficient to cover the extent of your damage, you can potentially recover additional compensation from the Lyft driver by filing a lawsuit.
Lyft Driver Logged Into the App – Waiting For a Ride Request
What if you get into an accident with a Lyft driver who is logged into the Lyft app, but who hasn’t accepted a ride request? In these situations, you might be able to recover compensation from Lyft’s insurance policy. That’s because Lyft’s limited insurance coverage becomes effective the moment a driver logs into the app and begins waiting for a passenger to request a ride.
However, Lyft’s insurance is a secondary policy. You’ll have to seek compensation from the driver’s insurance company first. If your damages exceed what they can pay, you can file a claim with Lyft’s policy.
Lyft Driver Logged Into the App – Ride Request Accepted
You might have heard that Lyft is required to have a $1 Million insurance policy to cover its drivers, passengers, and injured third parties in the event of an accident. This is true. However, the policy is only effective when a driver has accepted a ride request. The coverage extends until the driver has dropped that passenger off and terminated the ride in the app.
Again, Lyft’s policy is secondary to the driver’s insurance coverage. It kicks in once you’ve exhausted what the driver’s personal policy can cover.
Can I Ever Hold Lyft Accountable For an Accident?
Rideshare companies like Lyft and Uber are working hard to make sure that its drivers aren’t classified as employees. Why? One big reason is to avoid liability in the event of an accident. When a driver is classified as an independent contractor, it’s much easier for Lyft to escape responsibility for a crash.
However, Lyft does have an obligation to hire safe drivers. If it hires someone that it knows has a history of driving under the influence, it could potentially be responsible if that driver gets into an accident while driving for Lyft because they were drunk. Generally speaking, however, it’s tough to hold the company accountable for its drivers’ actions.
Damages Available After a Lyft Accident in Philadelphia
Whether you’re a Lyft customer, pedestrian, or passenger in another vehicle, the consequences of a car accident can have immediate and long-lasting consequences. If someone else is to blame, you don’t have to struggle with the costs of your accident on your own. You can file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit and demand compensation.
At Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll tenaciously pursue monetary damages on your behalf, which can include money for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, and more.
Don’t let Lyft or an insurance company tell you what your case is worth. Call Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers and allow our experienced legal team to help you demand the money you deserve.
Call Our Philadelphia Lyft Accident Lawyers For Help Today
Taking a Lyft is convenient. Unfortunately, it’s not necessarily safer than other modes of transportation in Philly. When you get hurt in an Uber or Lyft accident and someone else is at least partly to blame, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The Philadelphia Lyft accident attorneys at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help you fight to maximize your recovery.
Give our Philadelphia law office a call to schedule your free, no-obligation case assessment. Pennsylvania law limits the amount of time you have to file a claim, so don’t hesitate to contact our office or call (215) 875-7030 for assistance today.
Our Philadelphia, PA personal injury law firm also provides:
- Aviation Accident Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Brain Injury Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Philadelphia, PA Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Product Liability Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Train Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA