Falls on Construction Sites
A construction worker is at risk for a variety of accidents and injuries on a construction site, including falling accidents. If you were injured because of a fall on a construction site in Philadelphia, PA, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you file a personal injury claim.
The Philadelphia construction accident attorneys of Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers have extensive experience handling cases involving falls on construction sites. Our law firm has been helping injured victims in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, receive the money they deserve after accidents and injuries since 1985.
Table of Contents
How Our Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured on a Construction Site
Construction site accidents, including falls, can cause serious injury or death for construction workers. Even when a worker has safety protection equipment, he can be injured from falling materials or tripping hazards.
At Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers, our Philadelphia construction accident attorneys investigate the cause of an accident to determine who is liable. Indeed, we have over 80 years of combined legal experience investigating such claims.
As a result of our diligence, experience, and skills, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. Let us work to obtain the maximum compensation for damage available in your case.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an extensive and thorough investigation into the cause of the construction accident
- Identify all parties who might be liable for your claim
- Gather evidence proving fault and liability for your fall
- Document your damages and calculate the value of your claim
- Engage in aggressive negotiations to settle your claim for maximum value
- Prepare and file a personal injury lawsuit if the at-fault party or insurance company refuses to negotiate a fair settlement
Your time to file a construction accident claim is limited by Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations. Do not wait to contact our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys for a free consultation.
How Common Are Falls on Construction Sites?
According to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), falls are the leading cause of death in the construction industry. Almost one-third of the construction fatalities in 2018 were due to falls. Around 320 construction workers died from fatal falls in that single year.
Personal fall arrest systems and property safety protocols on construction sites can help prevent falls from heights.
The National Safety Council provides a variety of resources and information for fall protection. Fall prevention is an essential topic that workers and employers must address on construction sites. Falls can increase the cost of a job for employers.
What Are Common Causes of Falls on Construction Sites?
Falls on construction sites occur for a variety of reasons.
Some of the common causes of construction site falls are:
- Failure to use fall protection and personal fall arrest systems
- Lack of safety protocols and failing to follow safety protocols
- Collapses of ladders or scaffolds
- Improper security procedures for roof work
- Faulty steps and stairways
- Slick or slippery floors
- Unstable walkways
- Debris and items on the floor
- Lack of safety training
- Unprotected sides and edges
- Lack of guardrails or warnings around holes and excavation sites
The above list is just a few of the causes of falls at construction sites. Other hazards and dangers could also cause a construction worker to fall.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Falls on Construction Sites
Injuries from falls on construction sites can be life-threatening.
A construction worker’s injuries after a fall might include:
- Multiple broken bones and fractures
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Damage to internal organs
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Neck injuries
The injuries sustained in a fall could result in permanent impairments or injuries. The victim may not be able to return to work or earn the same amount as before the fall.
The types of damages in a personal injury case include economic damages and non-economic damages. Estimating the cost of damages caused by a construction fall can be challenging. A worker may have future medical costs and loss of income because of a permanent disability.
Working with an experienced construction accidents lawyer in Philadelphia can help ensure that you do not settle your accident claim for less than it is worth.
Who is Liable for Damages Caused by Falls on Construction Sites?
Pennsylvania’s workers’ compensation system generally covers falls that occur in the ordinary course of employment. Workers are not permitted to sue their employer for injuries covered by workers’ comp. However, there are exceptions.
Suppose an employer intentionally put an employee at risk of an injury when it violated federal or state safety laws. In that case, the employer could be liable for damages in a civil lawsuit.
The construction worker may also have a third-party claim against another party. For example, if a scaffold was defective, the worker may have a product liability claim against the manufacturer.
Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers examine all potential causes of action to get you the most money possible for your construction accident claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Philadelphia Construction Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a fall on a construction site, contact us for a free consultation with a Philadelphia construction accident attorney. Learn about your legal rights and get the facts about construction accident claims before making decisions that could impact your future.
Our Philadelphia, PA personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Brain Injury Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Philadelphia, PA Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Train Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA