Philadelphia Train Accident Attorney
Have you or someone you love been involved in a train accident in Philadelphia? You might be entitled to compensation from the train company, operator, or even a negligent third party.
The personal injury attorneys at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers will fight to help you obtain maximum compensation. Give our Philadelphia law office a call at (215) 875-7030 today to schedule a free consultation and learn more.
Trains are an integral part of Philadelphia’s transportation system. Amtrak runs through the heart of the city, connecting you with other major metropolitan areas, including Boston, New York, and Washington, D.C. The SEPTA moves thousands of commuters in and through the city every day, extending into nearby suburbs. While taking the train tends to be much safer than other methods of transportation, it still carries some risk.
How Will a Personal Injury Lawyer in Philadelphia Help Me?
Whether you were a passenger in the train, inside of another vehicle, or struck as a passenger, the injuries resulting from a Philadelphia train accident can be catastrophic.
You might need extensive medical treatment and a stint in rehab to get back on your feet. Even a minor injury can sideline you and keep you out of work.
The last thing you need to worry about is fighting to recover compensation to cover your costs and expenses.
Fortunately, you don’t have to deal with the consequences of your train accident on your own. Hiring an attorney can give you the time you need to focus on getting better. It can also level the playing field and put you in the best position to get the money you deserve.
You shouldn’t hesitate to contact a Philadelphia personal injury attorney at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers after your train accident. Here’s why:
- Insurance companies will try to deny or drive down the value of your injury claim
- You might be blamed for the accident or the extent of your injuries
- More than one person may be responsible – and financially liable – for your injuries
- Valuing a train accident injury claim can be tough, and you risk letting insurance companies make that decision if you don’t ask for help.
We’ll take an aggressive approach to your personal injury case. Our goal will be to secure a meaningful settlement or award on your behalf. We’ll stand by your side every step of the way. We’ll handle all aspects of your legal case so that you can focus on getting better. It’s that simple.
Liability for Philadelphia Train Accidents and Injuries
Under Pennsylvania law, anyone who contributes to your train accident can be held financially responsible for resulting injuries. In other words, you can potentially seek compensation from anyone whose negligence or carelessness caused you to get hurt. This might include:
- Train operators
- Train companies and employers
- Transit agencies
- Companies responsible for manufacturing trains and safety equipment
- Government agencies or companies responsible for track maintenance and repair, or
- Negligent third parties, including drivers of motor vehicles, bicyclists, or trespassers (pedestrians).
Accidents rarely happen for one single reason. That’s why it’s important to make sure that your train accident is investigated thoroughly. At Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll work hard to find out what caused yoru accident and who’s to blame. Then we can seek compensation from anyone who is even remotely responsible for your injuries.
We Handle All Train Accident Matters in Philadelphia
Train accidents can happen for a lot of different reasons. At Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers, we have decades of experience handling all train accident matters in and around Philadelphia. We’re here to help if you’ve been injured because of an accident involving:
- Amtrak derailment
- Collision with debris on the track
- Broken rails
- Head-on collisions
- Rear collisions, and
- Explosions, fires, and hazardous chemicals.
Our experienced train accident lawyers have more than 30 years of experience handling these complex personal injury cases. We can rely on some of the most respected train accident experts as we investigate and build yoru case. This expert support can be critical as we enter negotiations and attempt to leverage compensation on your behalf.
What Causes Train Accidents in Philadelphia?
Train accidents are unlike other transportation accidents. Trains are subject to strict state and federal regulations, as well as government oversight. Accidents tend to happen when train operators, employers, or transit deviate from accepted standards of operation. Common causes of Philadelphia train accidents include:
- Operator error
- Operator fatigue
- Operating a train under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to hire, train, and/or monitor train operators properly
- Failure to inspect and repair trains and train equipment regularly
- Defective or dangerous equipment
- Broken, damaged, or defective tracks
- Signal errors
- Mechanical failure, and
- Gate or light failure at crossings.
These are just some of the reasons train accidents can happen in and around Philadelphia. You shouldn’t hesitate to speak with an experienced attorney if you’ve been involved in a train derailment, collision, or other accident. We can review your case and help you understand the best legal strategy for your particular situation. Give our Philadelphia law firm a call today to learn more.
What Damages Are Available After a Philadelphia Train Accident?
Trains are common carriers, meaning that operators and employers have a huge responsibility to protect passengers from harm. When a train operator or transit company fails to do this, the consequences can be devastating for all involved. If you’ve been injured in a train accident in or near Philadelphia, you might have a legitimate claim for damages.
The attorneys at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers will fight to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement, and more.
We’ll seek money for all of your damages, including your present and future costs. In order to value your case accurately, we can rely on some of the best injury and train accident experts in Philadelphia. With their help, they help us not only understand how your injury affects you today, but how it might affect you in the future.
We’ll Fight to Get Money For All of Your Train Accident Injuries
Train accidents can have very traumatic consequences. We’ll help you fight for compensation for all of your train accident injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage, including sprains, strains, and contusions
- Neck and back injury
- Head injury
- Brain injury
- Burn injury
- Eye injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Lost limbs
- Wrongful death, and more.
Give our Philadelphia law office a call today to schedule a free consultation and learn more. We’re always available to take your call.
Here To Help You When You Need It Most
Are you struggling with an injury after a train accident occurred in Philadelphia? Have you lost a family member or loved one in a fatal train crash? Contact the experienced train accident lawyers at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate assistance. You may be entitled to compensation, and we’ll fight to help you get every dollar you deserve. We offer a free consultation, so don’t hesitate to contact us for help today.
Our Philadelphia, PA personal injury law firm also provides:
- Aviation Accident Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Brain Injury Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Philadelphia, PA Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Product Liability Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA