Philadelphia Auto Defects Attorneys
Collisions happen for many reasons. Sometimes, an auto defect contributes to the cause of a car accident. When an auto defect causes a car crash, the manufacturer and other parties could be liable for damages caused by the collision.
The Philadelphia auto defect attorneys of Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers have over 80 years of combined experience handling car accident claims. Our law firm has recovered more than $50 million for our clients throughout Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Our personal injury lawyers have been recognized by local and national organizations for their legal expertise and commitment to clients.
Table of Contents
How Our Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a Collision Caused By an Auto Defect
Product liability claims are complicated personal injury cases. Automobile manufacturers have vast resources to fight claims. Experienced legal counsel is essential if you want to hold the party responsible for your injuries liable for damages.
If you hire Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, we’ll take numerous steps to build a solid case for liability, including but not limited to:
- Conducting an independent investigation to gather evidence and identify the parties responsible for the auto defect
- Documenting your damages and the severity of your injuries to calculate how much your personal injury claim is worth
- Filing insurance claims and monitoring those claims and deadlines to file lawsuits
- Working with one or more expert witnesses to strengthen your case, including medical specialists, accident reconstructionists, and engineers
- Aggressively pursuing the full value of your claim through settlement negotiations
- Preparing and filing a lawsuit to take your case to court if the parties refuse to negotiate a fair settlement amount
The statute of limitations restricts your time to pursue claims involving auto defects. If you miss the deadline, you cannot hold the parties legally responsible for your damages. Therefore, do not hesitate to contact our law office for a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Philadelphia, PA.
What Types of Auto Defects Can Lead To Car Accidents in Philadelphia?
Auto defects can occur in any system in an automobile.
Common auto defects that can cause severe injuries and death in an accident include:
- Car window defects
- Defective car tires
- Car door lock defects
- Defective airbags and seat belts
- Sudden acceleration
- Fuel system defects
- Auto defects that cause fires and explosions
- Car seat back collapses
- Structural auto defects
Auto defect cases include design defects and manufacturing defects. Design defects impact the entire model line because the defect is part of the automobile design. Manufacturing defects might affect all model cars or a specific number of vehicles.
How Do You Prove Liability in an Auto Defect Claim?
Most auto defect cases are based on strict liability claims. Even though an auto defect case involves strict liability, you have the burden of proving the legal elements of a product liability claim.
You must have sufficient evidence to prove:
- The party was responsible for designing and/or manufacturing the automobile or part
- The car or auto part was defective and created an unreasonably dangerous situation for individuals
- You used the product as it was intended to be used by the manufacturer and/or designer
- The defective auto or car part contributed to the cause of the car wreck or improperly failed during a collision
- You were injured as a direct and proximate result of the auto defect
The level of proof is by a preponderance of the evidence. That means you must convince a jury that the evidence proves there is a greater than 50% chance that the allegations you make are more true than untrue.
What Damages Can I Receive in an Auto Defect Claim?
If an auto defect caused your injury, you can seek reimbursement for your economic damages.
Financial losses in a personal injury claim include:
- Medical bills
- Assistance with personal care and household chores
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages
If you sustain permanent impairments, you could also receive compensation for future damages. Those damages might include decreased earning capacity, ongoing nursing care, and continued medical treatments.
You may also receive compensation for your non-economic damages, including:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Disabilities and impairments
Our legal team will carefully document your damages to increase the value of your personal injury claim. The goal is to obtain as much money as possible for the auto defect claim so that you can continue to recover after a tragic automobile accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Philadelphia Auto Defects Lawyers
Our legal team at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you. We care about what happened to you and want to help you hold negligent parties accountable for their conduct. Call our law office to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced Philadelphia auto defect attorney.
- Airbag Injuries
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident?
- Chest Injuries After a Car Accident
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit-and-Run Accident?
- Drunk Driving
- Intersection Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Self-Driving Car
- SUV Rollover Accident
- What if the Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
- Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident