Philadelphia Anesthesia Injury Lawyer
Were you hurt in Philadelphia, PA, because your anesthesiologist made a mistake? You might be able to hold the doctor or hospital responsible for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. A skilled Philadelphia anesthesia injury lawyer at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to win the compensation you deserve.
Established in 1985, our lawyers have dedicated their practice to helping victims across the Philadelphia area get the compensation they need.
We’ve recovered millions throughout the years. If you’re interested in learning about how we can help with your case, contact our office or call (215) 875-7030 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Suffering an Anesthesia Injury in Philadelphia
Doctors and healthcare providers are human. They make mistakes. However, certain medical mistakes are so serious that they should never happen. Many anesthesia injuries are caused by errors that are entirely preventable.
If you were a victim of an anesthesia error, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. Fighting for that compensation can seem overwhelming if you’re struggling with a debilitating injury. That’s where a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer can help.
When you choose Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers to protect your rights, you can rest assured that your lawyer will:
- Identify your doctor’s mistake
- Locate all parties who shared in the blame
- Demand fair compensation from all responsible parties
- Work with experts and specialists to establish your injury claim under Pennsylvania anesthesia malpractice laws
- Negotiate with the insurance company to recover the maximum available compensation in your case
Collectively, our lawyers have more than 80 years of experience fighting for victims of medical negligence in Philadelphia, PA. If you were hurt, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys for a free case review today.
How Common Are Anesthesia Injuries?
As many as 98,000 preventable deaths occur each year in the United States because of medical errors. In 2019 alone, 123 claims involving preventable anesthesia injuries were filed with the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
Overview of Anesthesia Injuries
Anesthesia is a vital part of the surgical process. General anesthesia prevents the patient from feeling pain during surgery. Local anesthesia can numb a specific area during a medical procedure.
Anesthesiologists must complete years of training before they’re allowed to specialize in this complex field. That’s because a single surgical error can change a patient’s life forever. The anesthesiologist is responsible for ensuring that they use the correct type and dosage of anesthesia based on the patient’s history, weight, and the medical procedure involved.
Anesthesia injuries and death are often caused by negligence. In other words, they’re often preventable.
We Handle All Types of Anesthesia Injury Cases
At Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of anesthesia injury cases, including those involving:
- Using too little anesthesia
- Administering too much anesthesia
- “Anesthesia awareness,” where the patient wakes up during surgery
- Improper intubation
- Failure to monitor the patient’s vital signs and blood pressure during surgery
- Failure to take a proper patient history
- Dangerous interaction with other drugs
- Failure to ask about possible allergies
- Failure to monitor the patient after surgery
- Failure to give proper post-operative instructions or care
- Defective medical equipment
You only have a limited amount of time to act if you were hurt by an anesthesia error. Call our law offices today to learn more about how we can help you get the money you deserve.
Anesthesia Errors Can Cause Serious Injuries
Anesthesia injuries can be serious and even life-threatening. The emotional trauma of anesthesia awareness can last a lifetime.
Anesthesia errors can cause injuries, including:
- Brain damage
- Heart attack
- Respiratory problems
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
- Organ failure
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Wrongful death
Anesthesia injury cases are much more complex than a typical car accident claim. You deserve to know who caused your injuries. Call our law offices today to learn more about how a Philadelphia anesthesia injury attorney can help.
Who’s Responsible For My Anesthesia Injuries?
An anesthesia error is a type of medical malpractice.
To hold the responsible party liable, you have to establish:
- The medical standard of care
- A breach of the medical standard of care
- The breach caused your injuries
- You suffered damages
To establish the medical standard of care, you need evidence about what a reasonable, trained anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist would have done under the circumstances. Our Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyers will bring in medical experts to testify about your anesthesia mistake–and offer evidence about why the mistake should never have happened.
Once we prove medical negligence, all responsible parties can be held liable for damages, including:
- The anesthesiologist
- Nurse anesthetists
- The hospital or medical facility
- Other doctors involved in your procedure
- The manufacturer of a defective batch of anesthesia
Multiple parties can share in the blame under Pennsylvania medical malpractice laws. We’ll fight to hold each one accountable for their fair share.
Contact a Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia To Get Help With Your Anesthesia Injury
Did you or a loved one suffer an anesthesia injury? Call an experienced Philadelphia anesthesia injury lawyer at Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers for legal advice today. Your initial consultation is always 100% free of charge–and we work on a contingency basis, so you don’t have to worry about upfront costs.
Our Philadelphia, PA personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Brain Injury Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Philadelphia, PA Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Philadelphia, PA
- Train Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Philadelphia, PA