What Should I Do if I’ve Been Injured from a Car Accident?

If you’ve been involved in a car accident, the first thing you want to do is contact the police and make sure that you wait at the scene of the accident, and that the police come out to the scene of the accident. The reason you want to do that is that the police will obtain information from you, from the other driver, along with insurance information, and will generate a police report indicating who was at fault. Equally as important, providing the insurance information so that once you retain an attorney, that attorney can contact the appropriate insurance company who’s involved in the case.

The next thing you want to do is to take photographs of your vehicle, the other vehicle, and the scene of the accident. Nowadays, pretty much everyone has a smartphone, or some type of phone with a camera on it, so that’s pretty easy to do; you don’t have to drive around with an actual camera in your car. You want to take as many pictures as you can of the accident.

Once you’ve done that, the next thing you want to do is, if you’re injured, make sure you make an appointment to go see your family doctor. If the pain is severe, or your don’t have a family doctor, make sure you go see a doctor at the emergency room closest to you.

The next thing you’re going to want to do, is make sure you make an appointment with an attorney. You want to hire an experienced car accident attorney who’s going to be able to help you deal with the insurance company, is going to be able to advise you and tell you what your rights are.

Make sure you submit the proper forms to your insurance companies so that your medical treatment is paid for through your motor vehicle insurance, as opposed to billing health insurance, and then having to deal with the health insurances trying to get their money back because they shouldn’t have paid it, and they want the car insurance to pay for the treatment.

So we do that right away, and we also put the other driver and their insurance company on notice that you have been injured, and if they are at fault and that you will be pursuing a claim.

Additionally, when you meet with an attorney following a car accident, we’ll help you to make sure that you’re seen by a doctor in your area that has experience handling car accident cases and is going to take good care of you.

Contact Our Car Accident Law Firm in Philadelphia Today To Get Help With Your Case

To learn more and get the help you deserve, call Zavodnick & Lasky Personal Injury Lawyers at (215) 875-7030 or contact us online.
You can also visit our law firm at 123 S Broad St #1220, Philadelphia, PA 19109.