If your child was hurt while in a daycare facility in Philadelphia, PA, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
At Zavodnick, Zavodnick & Lasky, LLC, our Philadelphia daycare injury lawyers have the experience and skill to handle your case and hold the negligent parties accountable for your child’s injury.
When you place a child in the care and trust of a daycare program, you have a right to expect that your child will be safe and protected. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, and you may be going through every parent’s worst nightmare. The entire experience can be devastating for both parent and child.
When you send your child to daycare, you have every reason to believe your child will return safe and unharmed, and when this does not occur, you deserve to be compensated for the trauma. Contact our Philadelphia law offices at no cost today to learn more about what we can do for you.
How A Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help After A Daycare Accident
If your child is dealing with emotional or physical pain as a result of a daycare injury, put your trust in our firm to get the results you deserve.
Zavodnick, Zavodnick & Lasky, LLC is a well-established firm with considerable experience in the field of personal injury law.
We know what to expect and what hurdles are likely to arise as we proceed. Therefore, nothing surprises us. We know the best ways to address potential issues.
When you hire our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers, here are just a few of the many ways we help:
- Offer excellent client service and treat you like a priority
- Represent you in court and negotiate on your behalf with opposing parties and insurance companies
- Provide you with various options available to you and advise you regarding your legal rights.
- Track down evidence, including witness statements, medical documents, and police files.
- Recruit experts who are leaders in their fields to lend credibility to your case by providing supporting testimony to help make your case stronger.
- You pay nothing unless we win
- We contact the parties involved within 24 hours
- Your initial consultation with us is completely free, so you have nothing to lose by giving us a call
At our firm, our clients are like family, and a hurt child concerns all of us. Call us to schedule a case evaluation at no charge today.
Fighting to Hold Negligent Daycare Providers Accountable For Your Child’s Injury
When your child returns home from daycare or school with an injury, you might not know where to turn for help. Determining the cause of your child’s injury – and proving who’s responsible – can be a challenge. Our Philadelphia daycare injury attorneys know exactly what steps have to be taken to get justice for your family.
Duty vs. Risk
Just because a child was injured, there is no guarantee that negligence will be deemed the cause. There is a standard of care that daycare facilities must provide, but constant supervision or awareness of unforeseeable accidents is not necessarily required.
A great deal depends on the child’s age and the activity in which they were engaged when the injury occurred. The duty of the program staff will be weighed against the risk of injury in determining if there was fault on the part of the daycare.
This is why you need our lawyers on your side. We know what to look for and how to argue that your child’s injury should have been foreseeable and could have been prevented if the daycare had upheld its duty and lessened the risk of injury.
Rules and Regulations
Daycares have a duty to follow all rules and regulations that keep children safe within the facility. We can help you determine if your child’s daycare was following proper safety guidelines and whether personnel have been trained in child safety.
We can also help find out if the daycare was properly licensed and has adhered to all state and local requirements. Family daycare facilities and commercial daycare facilities are both required to follow state regulations regarding child care facilities, but each has different rules. Depending on the type of facility where your child was injured, our lawyers will learn every detail about the facility, its personnel, and whether it failed to comply with any state laws.
Contact our Philadelphia law offices today for your free consultation so you can share your situation with our compassionate attorneys.
Daycare Injury Facts
Parents and guardians should be able to trust that daycare facilities are a safe environment for children. Unfortunately, daycare injuries are a prevalent issue in the United States. Causes of these injuries include:
- Mishaps among children including falls, wrestling, and fighting.
- Negligence of the childcare center to keep an appropriate staff/child ratio
- Negligence of the childcare center to perform criminal background checks and run personal/professional references
- Staff disregard for unsafe situations
Simple accidents, such as falls, are often unavoidable and do not result in lasting damages. Most troubling are the accidents that occur due to negligence, causing lasting injury. This is especially unfortunate when most such accidents could easily have been prevented by proper attention
Types of Daycare Injuries
Injuries that occur inside daycare facilities can range from mild to severe. Some injuries can even result in the death of a child. Common daycare injuries include:
- Bruises: minor injuries, often accidental in nature, are usually the result of a child falling.
- Choking: an accident in which a child chokes can occur when infants are placed on unkempt floors, exposing them to choking hazards.
- Burns: minor to severe burns can occur due to hot asphalt, bottle warmers, hot water, and staff disregard for child safety.
- Poisoning: children can fall victim to injury due to accidental poisoning, usually resulting from carelessness to keep cleaning products, bug spray, hygiene products, or other poisonous non-food items away from children.
It is important to note that it is required by law for daycare facilities to record and report all accidents that occur, regardless of severity. If your child has been injured at a daycare center, and no report was provided, the business may be at fault.
Recorded Cases Of Daycare Injuries
Several lawsuits involving injuries sustained at childcare facilities have swept the country. Notable cases include:
- Fairfield, Ohio: two year old boy suffers second degree burns on his feet from hot asphalt, which requires skin grafts
- Cleveland, Ohio: young girl suffers severe second-degree burns down the right side of her body due to a bottle warmer
If you have any reason to believe an accident at a childcare facility was due to negligence, seeking the advice of our personal injury lawyers is a great first step.
What Compensation Can I Expect After A Daycare Injury?
Although each personal injury case is different, compensation in most of these cases can be divided into two separate categories, known as economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages refer to any financial costs that may have been incurred as a result of the injury. This may include:
- Medical bills
- In-home care
Economic damages are for losses that cannot easily be calculated:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical disfigurement
- Scarring or other marks
- Shame and embarrassment
Injuries to children can be life-changing So, it’s critically improtant to work wiht a lawyer who appreciates that you deserve compensation for both present and future costs. Our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys will advocate tirelessly on behalf of you and your child, working to maximize your financial recovery. Call today to find out how to get our team in your corner.
Statute Of Limitations For Philadelphia Daycare Accident Cases
In the state of Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years from the date of the accident. This means you have no time to waste if you want to hold to account the daycare facility and any others whose negligence may have caused injury to your child.
Contact our Philadelphia law offices today to get started on filing your claim. We are here to help guide you through the process and are prepared to take your case if we believe it has the necessary elements for success.
Contact Our Philadelphia Daycare Injury Lawyers Now
If your child is suffering due to negligence at the hands of their daycare in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, you deserve to be compensated for the physical and emotional trauma. Zavodnick, Zavodnick & Lasky, LLC, is a well-respected firm that is ready to fight for you and your child to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Having your child hurt by those you trust is an absolute nightmare. Let us help you deal with the situation. Our Philadelphia daycare injury lawyers are professional, compassionate, and highly skilled. Your initial consultation with us will always be free, so do not hesitate to give our law firm a call today.