Philadelphia FedEx Accident Lawyer
If you are injured by a FedEx vehicle, contact Zavodnick, Zavodnick & Lasky, LLC for a free consultation.
Our Philadelphia commercial vehicle accident lawyers are here to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
How Can a Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After a FedEx Accident?
Federal Express Corporation (FedEx) operates approximately 33,572 vehicles nationwide. During 2018, FedEx vehicles traveled almost one billion miles.
Each year, FedEx vehicles are involved in traffic accidents throughout the country.
Unfortunately, many of the victims of FedEx accidents are denied fair compensation for their injuries and damages. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney in Philadelphia can help.
Having a legal team on your side to battle this large corporation and its insurance company helps ensure that you are treated fairly after an accident with a FedEx vehicle.
Representatives of FedEx and its insurance provider may contact you within days after a FedEx accident. They may express concern and tell you that the company will make this right. However, the company has no interest in making anything right.
The insurance provider for FedEx has the same goal as other insurance companies. The company wants to limit liability and pay as little as possible for your claim. To that extent, the company may extend a quick offer to settle your injury claim.
Individuals involved in accidents with FedEx trucks sustain traumatic injuries and permanent impairments. If you settle your claim before completing medical treatment, you may not receive all the compensation you deserve.
The insurance company and FedEx understand this fact, which is why you might receive an offer to settle your accident claim before you have the chance to speak with an attorney or complete treatment. Do not fall for this common insurance tactic.
What Can You Expect When You Hire Our Philadelphia FedEx Accident Attorneys?
Talk to our Philadelphia FedEx accident lawyers before you accept a settlement offer. Even providing a statement before speaking with an attorney can be dangerous. Something you say could hurt your claim and prevent you from receiving the money you deserve.
FedEx accident cases are much more complicated and challenging than a typical car accident claim. Special rules and federal regulations apply in these cases. It is beneficial to have an experienced legal team who understands these differences to handle your accident claim.
When you retain our law firm, we begin an aggressive fight to protect your best interests and legal rights. Things you can expect when you retain our Philadelphia FedEx accident attorneys include:
- A comprehensive investigation into the cause of the FedEx accident to identify all parties who might be liable for your damages;
- Take immediate steps to preserve key evidence that can be used to prove liability, such as a truck’s black box information, the truck’s maintenance records, and the truck driver’s record.
- Research and analyze laws and regulations that apply in your case.
- Consult with and retain experts and investigators to build a strong case against FedEx.
- Work with you and your medical team to document your injuries, including obtaining evidence of permanent disabilities and impairments.
- Documenting financial damages and losses to maximize the value of your injury claim.
- Handle all matters related to the claim, including communications with FedEx, its insurance provider, and other parties so that you can focus on your recovery.
- Careful and detailed calculations of the damages in your case, including working with medical and financial experts to calculate future damages.
- Monitor all deadlines for filing claims, lawsuits, and other matters.
- Filing claims and preparing demand settlement packages designed to maximize recovery.
- Prepare and file a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary.
Our goal is to handle all matters related to your legal claim against FedEx and other parties so that you do not experience any additional stress or anxiety. We want you to focus on your wellbeing while we focus all our attention and resources on holding FedEx accountable for the injuries and suffering you sustained because of a FedEx accident.
Common Causes of FedEx Accidents in Philadelphia
The causes of FedEx accidents can be attributed to driver error, vehicle maintenance violations, negligence, and several other factors.
Determining the cause of the crash is a vital step in the process of obtaining compensation for your injuries. You must prove that another party is responsible for the cause of the crash to receive full compensation for damages.
FedEx drivers have been cited for many unsafe driving violations. Some of the unsafe driving behaviors drivers have been guilty of include:
- Failure to Obey Traffic Control Device
- Using Handheld Mobile Device While Driving a Commercial Vehicle
- Lane Restriction Violation
- Improper Lane Change
- Distracted Driving
- Following Too Closely
- Failure to Yield the Right of Way
- Texting While Driving
- Unlawfully Parking a Vehicle
Other common driving behaviors that can lead to a FedEx accident include reckless driving, impaired driving, and drowsy driving. Poor weather conditions and hazardous road conditions may also play a role in an accident involving a FedEx vehicle.
In some cases, a third party may also be involved in an accident. If so, that third party could have some liability for your damages and injuries. Our Philadelphia FedEx accident lawyers are focused on identifying all parties who have any responsibility for the cause of the accident.
What Types of Injuries Do Accidents with FedEx Vehicles Cause?
Injuries in a FedEx accident can range from bumps and bruises to life-threatening conditions. However, individuals involved in accidents with large trucks have a much higher risk of death and serious injury compared to the truck driver.
It is always best to be checked by a doctor as soon as possible after being involved in an accident. Prompt medical attention after a FedEx accident protects your health. It also protects your legal right to compensation by documenting your injuries.
Common FedEx accident injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Head and Brain Injuries, including concussions, traumatic brain injury, skull fractures, contusions, and hematomas
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries, including paralysis, fractured vertebrae, and ruptured discs
- Multiple Broken Bones and Complex Fractures
- Damage to Internal Organs and Internal Bleeding
- Severe Burns and Disfigurement
- Catastrophic injuries
- Neck and Shoulder Injuries, including whiplash and dislocated shoulders
The severity of your injuries can impact the amount of money you might receive for a FedEx injury claim. In most cases, severe injuries and cases involving permanent disabilities increase the amount of money you may receive for a personal injury claim.
Can I Receive Compensation for Injuries Caused by a Philadelphia FedEx Driver?
Damages caused by a FedEx accident include financial losses (economic damages) and pain & suffering damages (noneconomic damages). The damages depend on the facts and circumstances of the accident. However, common damages in a FedEx accident claim include:
- Cost of Medical Care and Treatment
- Counseling and Mental Health Treatment
- Cost of Personal Care
- Past and Future Loss of Income and Benefits
- Physical Pain and Suffering
- Mental and Emotional Distress
- Scarring and Disfigurement
- Disability and Permanent Impairments
- Loss of Quality of Life
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
Our Philadelphia FedEx accident attorneys carefully document your damages to maximize the value of your injury claim. We work with you and your physicians to gather evidence that supports full compensation for all damages, injuries, and losses associated with the FedEx accident.
What Happens If I Am Partially to Blame for a FedEx Accident?
You may still receive compensation for an injury claim, even if you are partially to blame for the cause of the accident. Your compensation is reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you for the cause of the accident.
However, under Pennsylvania’s modified comparative negligence laws, your fault for the accident must be less than 51 percent. If you are 51 percent or more at fault for the cause of the crash, you cannot recover any compensation for your injuries or damages.
The insurance company or the lawyers for FedEx may use comparative negligence laws to try to deny your claim. You need to discuss your case with an attorney immediately if you are being blamed in any way for the cause of a FedEx accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit for a FedEx Accident?
If you cannot settle your injury claim with FedEx and its insurance provider, you need to file a personal injury lawsuit to protect your right to compensation. However, there are deadlines for filing lawsuits related to accident claims. The deadlines are referred to as Statutes of Limitation.
The Statute of Limitation for most traffic accident claims in Pennsylvania is two years from the date of the accident. If you do not file your lawsuit before the two-year deadline, you lose your right to seek compensation for an injury.
In some cases, the deadline to file a lawsuit could be different. It is wise to speak with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to avoid missing your deadline to file an injury claim.
Contact a Philadelphia FedEx Accident Lawyer for More Information
Traffic accidents are stressful. They may lead to painful, debilitating injuries and financial hardships. At Zavodnick, Zavodnick & Lasky, LLC, we want to help you during this difficult period.
Our legal team fights for your right to receive the compensation you deserve after being injured in an accident. It does not cost you anything to talk to our attorneys. Let us help you hold FedEx and the other parties responsible for your pain and suffering accountable for their actions.
For a free, no-obligation consultation with a Philadelphia commercial vehicle accident attorney, contact our office today.